Friday, October 17, 2008

Inland West Mission Center Conference


This past weekend was my first mission center conference where I had particular assignments that were meaningful to the conference.  I got to preach at the opening worship on Saturday morning, led a budget presentation on Saturday afternoon, and was set apart on Sunday morning as the Financial Officer on Sunday morning.  I think the conference went really well.  In fact, the budget presentation was apparently one of the quickest in this jurisdiction's history and people seemed to be pleased.  

I was really happy that my parents could come up for my setting apart on Sunday.  They live in the Houston area and were enjoying some much needed vacation time in the Northwest.  I also feel blessed to work with a good mission center staff and I feel as though I am developing a good relationship with people in the mission center.  

I do have to confess that when I worked for Central and Midlands Mission Centers simultaneously I had four mission center conferences per year.  Now I only have one!!

No comments: