Monday, December 29, 2008

Orem and Ogden, UT


During the second weekend in December I made my second trip to Utah.  I flew into Salt Lake City in the midst of what appeared to this flat lander to be a blizzard.  There was plenty of lake effect snow, but it didn't seem to slow things down much.  I arrived on Saturday and after I got my rental car I drove down to Orem (in the middle of the snow storm) to check out the church facility there.  As you can see it is quaintly unique, and even though I couldn't see it I hear it has an awesome view of the mountains and the valley.  

That evening I drove up to Ogden, which is just north of Salt Lake City.  I stayed with the Cadman family and it was good to get to know them.  I went to Graceland with their daughter, Paco, and it was good to see her again.  We are all like to travel and it was good to swap international travel stories.  Bob Cadman is also an avid bicyclist and we talk
ed quite a bit about bikes and biking.  The next morning I preached at Ogden and we had a wonderful Christmas meal afterwards.  The Ogden congregation has a lot of young families and it was good to share with them.  The church building itself is over 100 years old and is on its third location/foundation.  

No comments: