Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SPEC & CLW


The last two weeks of July I spent on the campus of Graceland University in Lamoni, IA.  Spectacular directly followed the Hills of Peace Reunion in Alberta, so I booked it from Canada to Lamoni - about 30 hours of over the road time.  I figure it was good conditioning for my new assignment:)  

This was my second year to serve as the Financial Officer for Spectacular.  I have really enjoyed that role, but it will likely conclude with this SPEC since my new assignment will place different demands on my summer schedule.  This year's SPEC was good and it is good to be around the creative energy of the SPEC leaders and participants.  The most notable thing about this year's SPEC was all of the rain!  Founders Lake spilled out across the street and merged with the murky mud hole on the other side.

The Congregational Life Workshop followed SPEC, however, I was able to sneak away for an evening and spend time with Andi.  This was a new experience for me.  I taught a class with Erica Blevins Nye and Amanda Edsall.  It was a good experience and it was good for me to get more teaching experience.  

Between SPEC and CLW I met several folks from the Inland West Mission Center and the West Central Field.  It seems like there are a lot of goods folks out there and I'm looking forward to hearing more stories and sharing more cups of coffee as time goes on. 

1 comment:

Beth Comer said...

Next time you're in Lamoni you have to let me know! I live here and would love to see you/give you a place to stay!
Beth Comer