Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hills of Peace


Each of use have different definitions of what is beautiful and what makes a particular person, place, or thing beautiful.  Last week I served as a guest minister in very beautiful place with beautiful people.  The place was the Hills of Peace campground located near Provost, Alberta.  Hills of Peace is beautiful because of its isolation and tranquillity and the people are beautiful because of their hospitality and grace.  
During this reunion I taught the Sr. High class - something I don't typically get asked to do and something I'm probably not overly gifted in.  The group hung with me and I think all 20 of us learned things throughout
 the week.  Several high qu
ality young adults also attended this reunion and I always enjoy making new friends around my age.  I got to preach on the Tuesday night of the reunion and I have never had to compete with both kids doing gymnastics in the front row and a bat screeching loudly as I spoke.  Good times.  

Some of the other activities of the week included a baptism and Greg Goheen, Sarah Crawford, and I took a trip to Ribstone.  Ribs
tone is a fairly large and success-
ful rural congregation in Alberta.  


It was a great week and people treated me way better than what I deserved.  Unfortunately, I had to leave before the closing worship service so I could arrive at SPEC at a reasonable time.  On the way back I made a slight detour through Culbertson, 
MT and checked out our church facility there. 

No comments: