Thursday, September 4, 2008

Boise and Camp Cascade


Last Wednesday - Friday (Aug. 27-29) had a great time getting to know folks in the Boise, ID area.  I had very gracious family host me - Tony and Sylvia Dennis.  Sylvia's father was an appointee so she had a good idea of what it was like to be a traveling minister and I really appreciated their hospitality.  I had a nice breakfast with Erma Akey who was very helpful in orienting me to the Boise congregation.  The Boise congregation is in the midst of installing playground equipment as well as a basket ball court and volleyball court.  

On Thursday the Dennis' s took me around the city of Boise and then in the afternoon I went up to Camp Cascade and helped John Fisher (campground board president) unload some matresses that were going to be used for a group coming in over Labor Day.  I'm really glad I had a chance to meet John.  He seems like a class act and we have a lot of common interests and I hope I get to spend more time with him down the road.  

Boise seems like a great town with great folks and I'm looking forward to my next trip back there.  

No comments: