Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day


For Labor Day I left my roost at the Spokane Valley church and ventured up to the mountains and lakes near Sandpoint, ID.  That area was beautiful and if it had been a few degrees warmer I probably would have ventured out into the water in a kayak.  I was very content to sit in a Starbuck's overlooking the lake and sip on a grande Pike's Place.  They also had some great bike paths that I enjoyed walking on.  

Later in the day clouds rolled in and things started to get a little wet.  The Sagle congregation is close to
Sandpoint and I located the church building.  It is one of the oldest in the mission center if not the oldest - I think it is over 100 years old.  Up until last year it was heated with a wood burning furnace and it is home to one of the best libraries in the church.

I finished up my day off with an exploration of Spokane's "Pig Out in the Park" at the Riverfront Park.  It was quite the eclectic event and I had some good ice cream.  Around the park are these iron runners.  I thought they looked cool.  

It was a good day off, but it would have been more fun if my wife could have been with me.  I'm glad she is going to get to come up in October for a few days.  

No comments: