Monday, September 1, 2008

Turbines in the Desert

Last week I traveled across I-80 on my way from Laramie, WY to Boise, ID.  This was my first little trip across southern Wyoming and I didn't realize beforehand that it was all high desert and quite bare.  I have noticed something great as I have been traveling.  At least once a day I see trucks carrying components for windmills/turbines that are sprouting up in otherwise barren parts of the country. 

 I think wind energy is a fantastic development and in some ways it is a living witness of the resurrection for the small communities in isolated parts of the country.  Wind 
energy and other alternative forms of energy are giving communities on the brink of extinction new jobs, vitality, and a renewable source of energy.  I don't know if you can make out the turbin
es in this picture or not, but they are just of I-80 outside of Rock Springs, WY.

No comments: