Saturday, September 20, 2008

Echo Valley and Salt Lake City

I must confess I'm still getting the hang of this traveling business.  I had a wonderful road trip in the Northwest, but when I returned home I had a slew of work waiting for me.  I wanted to share to last images from my the last two stops on my road trip.  The first is of the chapel from the Echo Valley campground near Avon, MT.  I was there the weekend after Labor Day for the first part of a spiritual formation retreat.  Kris and Peter Judd where there and it was good to see them.  We first met while I was working as an Intern for the church in Australia during a Graceland Winterterm and they were over there providing guest ministry.  Always good to see them as well as meet new folks from the mission center. 

The last stop on my trip was in Salt Lake City, UT.  It is safe to say that we are more than just a little out numbered in Salt Lake City.  It is a beautiful city with some unique challenges for the church.  It was good to share with the folks there and to visit another part 
of the mission center. 

I'll be back in the Inland West Mission Center in another two weeks or so for Mission Center Conference.  I'm really looking forward to that.  I'll get to preach a sermon as well as see if I have any skills at budget presentation! 

No comments: